Foreign students who would like to take paid work alongside their studies are allowed to do so. However, the possible lack of knowledge of the Dutch language might make it difficult for you to find a job. Students can search for part-time jobs through temporary job agencies, RSM's Career Centre, advertisements in newspapers, or the Internet. Depending on your nationality you can only do so for a limited amount of hours per week, and only if the employer has applied for a work permit for you.

EU/EEA countries

Students from most of the EU and EEA countries can work in the Netherlands without restriction. Your employer does not need to apply for a work permit and you are allowed to work as many hours as you want and earn money alongside your studies or internship activities without a work permit.

Non-EU/EEA countries

If you are a student from outside the EU/EEA there are some restrictions if you want to work alongside your studies. You can find more information on the
Nuffic Fact Sheet Foreign Students and Part-time Jobs as well as on the Nuffic website.