If you wish to prove your English proficiency by taking one of the standardized English tests, RSM accepts the following tests and minimum scores:
IELTS: Academic test minimum overall score of 7.0 and minimum sub scores of 6.5. RSM accepts both the computer and paper test centre versions.
RSM accepts results of the IELTS Academic Online test for the admissions process, please note the following:
- The IELTS Academic Online test is currently not recognized in the Code of Conduct for International Students in Higher Education
- IELTS Online results will be only available electronically via the IELTS Results Verification Service. You will not receive a paper Test Report Form.
- As with all Online tests, IELTS Online is not currently accepted for visa and immigration purposes. If you are a NON-EEA student and you need a residence permit / visa for your studies in the Netherlands, we advise you to take the IELTS Academic test at a test center.
TOEFL (iBT), including online test: minimum overall score 95 with minimum sub scores of 22 for reading, listening, 23 for speaking and for writing 24.
Please note that the ITP TOEFL test is not accepted as it does not test the speaking abilities of the candidate. RSM does however temporarily accept the TOEFL ITP® Plus for China. Students who have taken this test, will be required to take a additional verbal test via the Erasmus University Language & Training Center.
Cambridge English test with a minimum overall level of C1 and subscores of 180 for all parts of the test (reading, writing, listening, speaking). Accepted forms of test are:
- Cambridge English: First
- Cambridge English: Advanced
- Cambridge English: Proficiency
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage
- Cambridge English: Business Higher
- Both overall and sub score requirements listed above must be met.
- Test dates at the test centers can fill up quickly, particularly during peak testing periods. We urge you to register to take the test as early as possible to avoid disappointment. It can take several weeks to receive the results of your test. You should plan to take the test 4-6 weeks before the application deadline.
- Other tests, such as Michigan English are not accepted.
- TOEFL scores can be verified online. Therefore you should request the tests center to send your score report to RSM. The institutional code of RSM is 0798 and for Erasmus University 7199 (you can use either). Scores are verifiable for 2 years. If your scores are older than 2 years, please contact the RSM Admissions Office for further advise.
- IELTS scores are verified online using the TRF code marked on the score report. Scores are verifiable for 3 years.
- RSM can verify Cambridge results taken after 2005.