If you wish to proof your English proficiency by taking one of the standardized English tests, RSM accepts the following tests and minimum scores:
IELTS: Academic test minimum overall score of 7.0 and minimum sub scores of 6.5
TOEFL (iBT) & TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition: minimum overall score 95 with minimum sub scores of 22 for reading, listening, 23 for speaking and for writing 24.
Please note that the ITP TOEFL test is not accepted as it does not test the speaking abilities of the candidate. RSM does however temporarily accept the TOEFL ITP® Plus for China. Students who have taken this test, will be required to take a additional verbal test via the Erasmus University Language & Training Center.
Cambridge English test with a minimum overall level of C1 and subscores of 180 for all parts of the test (reading, writing, listening, speaking). Accepted forms of test are:
- Cambridge English: First
- Cambridge English: Advanced
- Cambridge English: Proficiency
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage
- Cambridge English: Business Higher
- Both overall and sub score requirements listed above must be met.
- Take into account that test dates at the test centers can fill up quickly, particularly during peak testing periods. Therefore we urge you to register to take the test as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Keep in mind that it can take several weeks to receive the results of your test. This means that you should plan to take the test 4-6 weeks before the application deadline.
- Other tests, such as Michigan English are not accepted.